I love my mother. I've always loved my mother. Did I always like her? Well.....sometimes it was difficult and I am sure, at times, I wasn't all that likeable either, but we've seemed to redefine our roles as mother/daughter and now we're great friends. I enjoy talking to my mother. She lives in California - and I KNOW she's freaking out right now that I've let the whole world (internet) know where she's located. I live in NY - again, freaking out. We usually talk once a week. I wish we lived closer or at least, we could go to CA more often. I like it there.
I recently told my mother about this blog.
*blink *blink
She read it, thought it was cute but then, as I knew she would, she WARNED me of the dangers of all my information being out there on the internet for every creepy, crawly identity stealer to see (insert demonic laugh here)
Mom, I love you. I said it here on my blog for ALL THE WORLD TO SEE (and steal), and I have to tell you something. I think you may worry a little too much. Why do I say that.....because after you WARNED me, you called back 5 minutes later to tell me about some guy who owned some restaurant and had some blog said something about someone at said restaurant and he got fired.
Mom, I appreciate your concern for me, but I'm 40. If I want to drive around on the 4th of July with my windows open, I'm going to. I know you told me not to because someone could throw a firecracker in the car, but I don't care. It's July and it's HOT!
If I want to use the middle dressing room instead of the corner one where no one can steal my packages, I'm going to.
If I want to go to the movies and put my coat and bag on the chair next to me I'm going to, and you know what.....I may not even keep my hand on them through the whole movie!
Mom, when I drive I don't always leave 2 car lengths between me and the car in front of me at a stop light. I usually crawl right up behind them. If they stall and I'm stuck right behind them, I'll just have to deal with it.
Guess what...sometimes I actually talk while eating fish. Haven't choked on a bone yet.
I even use the FRONT burners on the stove!!!!
And please tell me, how do you keep your handbag AND your napkin on your lap in a restaruant???
I think it all started when I was a kid and you told me not to cross my eyes because if time stops, they'll stay that way. Did you know that I used to go down to the basement and cross my eyes like a mad woman because we didn't have any clocks down there. It was my "safe" place.
Mom, I've been doing all these CRAZY things and I've made it to 40 with only a few broken bones.
Life is an adventure. Enjoy it.
Mom, I love you.
Kerry, who lives in NY (just had to get that in)
17 comments:
OMG. This is GREAT! Love it...you wild rebellious woman, you. LOL
too funny!!!
Kip
I think your mom is a lucky woman to have such a great relationship with her daugther that her daugther dares speak to her like this :) So funny!!
Livin'on the edge - funny stuff! Moms are great and awesome and should be revered and worshipped and definetly written about in blogs! Yay!
It is ard for me to come out of the closet..but to prove I am secure with my manliness...here i go.
My name is Mark....and I have known Kerry for a long long long time.
Thanks for the comment! Knitting is easy once you get the hang of it. I taught myself from a book. Good luck with any of your future knitting attempts! I am going to steal your identity now.
Aw, Kerry, such great journaling! You need to do a layout with this journaling! ROCKS....
how funny...my husband is pretty freaked out about my blog too....and I had to come and say thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...I have no idea how you found it but I love that you did and I love that you commented! :) Made me smile! Thanks!! :)
Yeah, my mother is wildly overcautious, too. I'm the most overcautious person I know besides her, but she thinks I'm this wild risk-taking maniac.
Thanks for visiting me!
Hilarious! Love this post. Thanks for visiting me!
But do you run with scissors or sharp pencils? Because you shouldn't. That would be dangerous.
I couldn't help myself. This post is so funny. My grandma was like your mom.
Kerry,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! If you read my last post, you probably saw that I live on LI as well. But what's actually strange is that you look REALLY familiar (and I have a son named Dylan, also)! Funny.
Anyway, your blog is hysterical, and I had a mother who did that kind of "damage" to me as well...and my daughter will tell you that I now do the same thing to her (and, alas, I think it may be true)!
Also, FYI...the link on my blog to "Life...How Did I Get Here" is by a friend of mine who has a career in the school system here on LI. You may want to pop over there!
Take good care,
Lisa
oh my how cute and funny!
oh my how cute and funny!
bwaahahah!!
you are so mean to your mom!!
OMG... I think JenSmacks mom, your mom and my mom are triplets... this post made me roll on the floor laughing... It is so true isn't it? LOL... hey great post ... from Milissa in Florida... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Post a Comment