Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No Way! Not Again!

So we went back to the oral surgeon on Friday.
Dylan got a clean bill of health.
He was thrilled, mainly because he was starving.
The "soft food" diet had run it's course.
He was so tired of it, he just stopped eating.
As we passed a McDonald's on the way home,
Dylan's head practically exploded so we made
a quick stop and 2 hamburgers later, he felt better.

Now cut to yesterday - Tuesday.
Clean bill of health, right?
Right.
Cleared for sports, right?
Right.
Soccer game, right?
WRONG!
HE GOT HIT IN THE JAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE COULDN'T CLOSE HIS MOUTH AGAIN!!!
HE WAS CRYING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT
TO EAT ANYMORE SOFT STUFF!!!
I was crying because I couldn't believe it.
As of this morning, he could close but he's in pain.
I'm calling the doctor.

-and no, that's not why I was annoyed.

3 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Oh, poor guy! What terrible luck. I hope that this time things heal up faster.

Anonymous said...

aww, that's awful. poor kiddo. i guess it's back to milkshakes. maybe smoothie king will make him feel better. it always makes me feel better : )

Wingnut said...

Awwwww yuck! How awful for you both? We need an update!